Lazy elegance of Rohit Sharma
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: If we compare Rohit Sharma with the other youngsters in the Indian team then one can say that he doesn’t have the spark or aggressiveness like Kohli’s, Jadeja’s, Raina’s or Dhawan’s.
Certainly he has that lazy elegance in his batting or for that matter in his personality that never gives him an edge over others in the team.
But the thing that he possesses is hard to find in any other Indian cricketer –extra time to play a delivery. Obviously, that’s god gifted talent but to use it with perfection one needs to work really hard.
His talent was never under scanner, it was always his consistently inconsistent performance that always gave his critics a reason to pull him down.
Indian skipper MS Dhoni, who is known to back young players, gave Rohit more than enough chances to prove his worth at this stage. And finally, like many other Indian cricketers in the current Indian squad, Rohit too didn’t prove his skipper wrong.
Finally, Rohit has arrived. In the entire series against the Aussies, Rohit showed what he is capable of but this time with impeccable consistency. In the five matches of the series, the 26-year-old scored 42, 141, 11, 79, 209 that too while opening the innings. These figures are while playing against world number two team. And among them, the two big knocks came when India needed it them the most. He played unbeaten 141-run knock when India were chasing the total of 360 and then a double ton in the final and deciding match of the series.
It indicates two things about the batsman. One that he is a big match player and second he can play big knocks.
He reads the game well and can change the gears quite swiftly.
While fielding he is as electric as Kohli or Raina. So overall, he is a complete package and could play a big role up the order, when the Indian team will play to defend their World Cup (50-over) title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31