Lot of cricket still left in Yuvraj Singh
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: One of the most brilliant stroke makers in contemporary cricket Yuvaj Singh has once again made a fabulous comeback in Team India with his match-winning knock against Australia in the one-off Twenty20 match.
It was a murderous knock by the southpaw in which he smashed the Australian bowlers all over the park. In his 77-run innings he smashed eight fours and five sixes and for that used just 35 balls.
The match winning knock by the 32-year-old showed that lot of cricket still left in him.
But even after having a reputation of being a match-winner, Yuvraj Singh last played his international series against England in 2012-13 after which he was dropped on the grounds of poor form and fitness. In his last ten ODI innings, Yuvraj only managed to score just one half-century. A poor Indian Premier League (IPL), while playing for Pune Franchise, further put up a big question mark on his form and fitness.
Now after playing a morale booster innings in his comeback match, Yuvraj must be eying towards the seven-match ODI series against the Aussies starting from Sunday.
A good series for the southpaw against Australia can cement his place in the side once again. So consistency would be the key here for this gifted stroke maker who is also more than a handy bowler.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur