Oz looking to gain from Faulkner, Watson`s knowledge of Jaipur wicket
Sydney: Australia will call on insider knowledge from Rajasthan Royals pair Shane Watson and James Faulkner ahead of its second one-day fixture against India, which is essentially a home game for the two players set to be played in Jaipur.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Watson has played six Indian Premier League (IPL) seasons with Rajasthan, while Faulkner joined him this year, and both contributed to push the franchise into the final of the Champions League T20 this month.
By contrast, none of the Indian squad calls Jaipur home during the IPL season, the report said.
Watson and Faulkner also made use of the nighttime conditions, which bring a covering of dew, as Australia claimed a 72-run victory in the opening clash in Pune, the report added.
Faulkner finished with three wickets, while Watson bagged 2-31 including the valuable wicket of Virat Kohli, the report further said.
However, Kohli said that he did not think it was an advantage as they had played Twenty20 cricket on the venue but not a lot of 50-over cricket.
Despite Australia`s dominant bowling performance in Pune being built around its fast bowlers, Kohli said the grassy pitch would favour both sides.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'