Oz looking to gain from Faulkner, Watson`s knowledge of Jaipur wicket
Sydney: Australia will call on insider knowledge from Rajasthan Royals pair Shane Watson and James Faulkner ahead of its second one-day fixture against India, which is essentially a home game for the two players set to be played in Jaipur.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Watson has played six Indian Premier League (IPL) seasons with Rajasthan, while Faulkner joined him this year, and both contributed to push the franchise into the final of the Champions League T20 this month.
By contrast, none of the Indian squad calls Jaipur home during the IPL season, the report said.
Watson and Faulkner also made use of the nighttime conditions, which bring a covering of dew, as Australia claimed a 72-run victory in the opening clash in Pune, the report added.
Faulkner finished with three wickets, while Watson bagged 2-31 including the valuable wicket of Virat Kohli, the report further said.
However, Kohli said that he did not think it was an advantage as they had played Twenty20 cricket on the venue but not a lot of 50-over cricket.
Despite Australia`s dominant bowling performance in Pune being built around its fast bowlers, Kohli said the grassy pitch would favour both sides.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog