Oz looking to gain from Faulkner, Watson`s knowledge of Jaipur wicket
Sydney: Australia will call on insider knowledge from Rajasthan Royals pair Shane Watson and James Faulkner ahead of its second one-day fixture against India, which is essentially a home game for the two players set to be played in Jaipur.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Watson has played six Indian Premier League (IPL) seasons with Rajasthan, while Faulkner joined him this year, and both contributed to push the franchise into the final of the Champions League T20 this month.
By contrast, none of the Indian squad calls Jaipur home during the IPL season, the report said.
Watson and Faulkner also made use of the nighttime conditions, which bring a covering of dew, as Australia claimed a 72-run victory in the opening clash in Pune, the report added.
Faulkner finished with three wickets, while Watson bagged 2-31 including the valuable wicket of Virat Kohli, the report further said.
However, Kohli said that he did not think it was an advantage as they had played Twenty20 cricket on the venue but not a lot of 50-over cricket.
Despite Australia`s dominant bowling performance in Pune being built around its fast bowlers, Kohli said the grassy pitch would favour both sides.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown