Oz media hails `run-machine` Virat Kohli as `new` Tendulkar
Sydney: The Australian media has claimed that India`s massive win in the second one-day international against Australia has proved that there is life after Sachin Tendulkar, especially with Virat Kohli leading the way.
According to News.com.au, Kohli set a new record for the fastest hundred by an Indian in an ODI, belting 100 not out from just 52 balls to help the hosts chase down 360 with more than six overs to spare against Australia.
It only added to the belief that, while he`s not even in the same statistical stratosphere as Tendulkar at the moment, Kohli is the man to lead India into the post-Sachin era, the report said.
It`s easy to forget he`s only 24 years old with 18 Tests to his name, given how long Kohli has been on the international scene, the report added.
The report further said that Kohli is the new poster boy of Indian cricket and also very aware of his own image and his own efforts at the crease, adding that he is the future of the Indian team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly