Oz media hails `run-machine` Virat Kohli as `new` Tendulkar
Sydney: The Australian media has claimed that India`s massive win in the second one-day international against Australia has proved that there is life after Sachin Tendulkar, especially with Virat Kohli leading the way.
According to News.com.au, Kohli set a new record for the fastest hundred by an Indian in an ODI, belting 100 not out from just 52 balls to help the hosts chase down 360 with more than six overs to spare against Australia.
It only added to the belief that, while he`s not even in the same statistical stratosphere as Tendulkar at the moment, Kohli is the man to lead India into the post-Sachin era, the report said.
It`s easy to forget he`s only 24 years old with 18 Tests to his name, given how long Kohli has been on the international scene, the report added.
The report further said that Kohli is the new poster boy of Indian cricket and also very aware of his own image and his own efforts at the crease, adding that he is the future of the Indian team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog