Oz media hails `run-machine` Virat Kohli as `new` Tendulkar
Sydney: The Australian media has claimed that India`s massive win in the second one-day international against Australia has proved that there is life after Sachin Tendulkar, especially with Virat Kohli leading the way.
According to News.com.au, Kohli set a new record for the fastest hundred by an Indian in an ODI, belting 100 not out from just 52 balls to help the hosts chase down 360 with more than six overs to spare against Australia.
It only added to the belief that, while he`s not even in the same statistical stratosphere as Tendulkar at the moment, Kohli is the man to lead India into the post-Sachin era, the report said.
It`s easy to forget he`s only 24 years old with 18 Tests to his name, given how long Kohli has been on the international scene, the report added.
The report further said that Kohli is the new poster boy of Indian cricket and also very aware of his own image and his own efforts at the crease, adding that he is the future of the Indian team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes