Oz media hails `run-machine` Virat Kohli as `new` Tendulkar
Sydney: The Australian media has claimed that India`s massive win in the second one-day international against Australia has proved that there is life after Sachin Tendulkar, especially with Virat Kohli leading the way.
According to News.com.au, Kohli set a new record for the fastest hundred by an Indian in an ODI, belting 100 not out from just 52 balls to help the hosts chase down 360 with more than six overs to spare against Australia.
It only added to the belief that, while he`s not even in the same statistical stratosphere as Tendulkar at the moment, Kohli is the man to lead India into the post-Sachin era, the report said.
It`s easy to forget he`s only 24 years old with 18 Tests to his name, given how long Kohli has been on the international scene, the report added.
The report further said that Kohli is the new poster boy of Indian cricket and also very aware of his own image and his own efforts at the crease, adding that he is the future of the Indian team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror