Rohit Sharma scores double ton, becomes second-highest ODI run scorer
Zee Media Bureau/Manushree Chaumal
Bangalore: The Bangalore crowd was in for a delight today. It was not only raining runs at the Indian innings, it was also a day when record books were re-written. Rohit Sharma, played the best knock of his career thus far with 209 runs off 158 balls that included 16 sixes and 12 fours.
With this knock, Rohit became the second-highest run scorer in ODIs, joining Virender Sehwag (218) and Sachin Tendulkar (200).
In his blistering knock, he hit sixes all over the park. He launched 16 sixes, most in an innings by any batsman in the world. With this swashbuckling knock, Sharma took the Indian total to 383, making it a difficult run-chase for the Aussies.
Supporting him at the other end was captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who also completed his 49th half-century. The duo added 167 runs in the partnership.
The Indian openers Shikhar Dhawan and Rohit Sharma gave the team a solid platform as they built up a strong partnership of 112 runs. Shikhar Dhawan scored 60 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof