Rohit Sharma scores double ton, becomes second-highest ODI run scorer
Zee Media Bureau/Manushree Chaumal
Bangalore: The Bangalore crowd was in for a delight today. It was not only raining runs at the Indian innings, it was also a day when record books were re-written. Rohit Sharma, played the best knock of his career thus far with 209 runs off 158 balls that included 16 sixes and 12 fours.
With this knock, Rohit became the second-highest run scorer in ODIs, joining Virender Sehwag (218) and Sachin Tendulkar (200).
In his blistering knock, he hit sixes all over the park. He launched 16 sixes, most in an innings by any batsman in the world. With this swashbuckling knock, Sharma took the Indian total to 383, making it a difficult run-chase for the Aussies.
Supporting him at the other end was captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who also completed his 49th half-century. The duo added 167 runs in the partnership.
The Indian openers Shikhar Dhawan and Rohit Sharma gave the team a solid platform as they built up a strong partnership of 112 runs. Shikhar Dhawan scored 60 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'