Rohit Sharma scores double ton, becomes second-highest ODI run scorer
Zee Media Bureau/Manushree Chaumal
Bangalore: The Bangalore crowd was in for a delight today. It was not only raining runs at the Indian innings, it was also a day when record books were re-written. Rohit Sharma, played the best knock of his career thus far with 209 runs off 158 balls that included 16 sixes and 12 fours.
With this knock, Rohit became the second-highest run scorer in ODIs, joining Virender Sehwag (218) and Sachin Tendulkar (200).
In his blistering knock, he hit sixes all over the park. He launched 16 sixes, most in an innings by any batsman in the world. With this swashbuckling knock, Sharma took the Indian total to 383, making it a difficult run-chase for the Aussies.
Supporting him at the other end was captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who also completed his 49th half-century. The duo added 167 runs in the partnership.
The Indian openers Shikhar Dhawan and Rohit Sharma gave the team a solid platform as they built up a strong partnership of 112 runs. Shikhar Dhawan scored 60 runs.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India