Virat Kohli says Indian bowlers `must not allow freedom` to Oz batsmen
Sydney: Feisty Indian batsman Virat Kohli has said that Australian batsmen have been too free to express themselves and said that his team`s bowlers must shut down the tourists.
According to News.com.au, Australia`s high-octane starts have set the tone for the series, and Kohli says India must put a stop to them in order to get back into the seven-match ODI series.
Kohli said that there were a lot of players with belief in their ability in the Australian side, adding that they came out and expressed themselves but India now knew their game plan and how they were going to play in this series.
He added that during the last two games, Australia had come out all guns blazing while batting and India needs to counter that and make them work for their runs rather than let them play freely and be in their zone.
The 24-year-old also addressed India`s perceived weakness against the short ball, which was exploited beautifully by Australia in the opening game, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets