VVS Laxman backs India to win ODI series against Australia
Gurgaon: Former Test batsman VVS Laxman believes the current Indian cricket team is hungry for more success and backed the hosts to triumph over Australia in the upcoming limited-over series.
"There are lot of talented cricketers in the Indian side who are eager to perform. The upcoming Australia series at home will be a good test for them. I think India are favourites to win the series. have the fire power to do it," Laxman told reporters at an award function here on Tuesday night.
India will be playing Australia in a seven-match ODI series preceded by a T20 encounter at Rajkot on October 10.
Laxman, who retired from international cricket last year, was presented the Lifetime Achievement Award at the Sports Illustrated India`s annual sports award ceremony on Tuesday.
On the return of Yuvraj Singh to the national team, the Hyderabadi said the stylish left-hander`s comeback was just a matter of time.
"Yuvraj`s return was expected. He is such a class player. You can`t keep him out for long. He has lot to contribute to the team. He worked hard on his fitness and reaped benefits during the India `A` series and the Challenger Trophy," Laxman said.
"I am sure India will gain with his presence in the Australia series," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what