India vs Bangladesh: As it happened...
Vineet Ramakrishnan/ Zeenews Sport Bureau
Mirpur: Sachin Tendulkar created history by becoming the first batsman in the history of the game to score 100 international centuries but Bangladesh spoilt his party by posting an upset five-wicket win over India to throw open the Asia Cup tournament.
Here is how the game panned out…
Overs 41- 50 Bangladesh 293/5
9.19 pm Over 50 BANGLADESH WIN AGAINST INDIA AFTER 5 YEARS. Mahmudullah cracked a good length ball from Dinda to the long-off boundary as Bangladesh upstaged India in the Asia Cup courtesy a valiant effort by the middle order trio of Nasir Hussain 54 (58b), Sakib Al Hasan 49 (31) and captain Mushfiqur Rahim 46 (25b).
9.18 pm Over 50 BANGLADESH WIN AGAINST INDIA AFTER 5 YEARS
9.14 pm Over 49 OUT!!! F.O.W. 288/5 Nasir Hussain perishes after a possible match winning knock of 54 off 58 balls. It was a lucky wicket for Praveen, the intended Yorker turned out to be a full toss but Nasir Hussain went at it hard scooping it to Raina at short extra cover.
9.11 pm Over 49 FOUR off first ball and SIX off second 4 runs needed off ten balls for Bangladesh to create history.
9.06 pm Over 48 Pathan under pressure as Rahim takes Pathan apart with two consecutive sixes. Pathan started off with a wide delivery and Rahim got a full toss next up as he clobbered the ball over midwicket. Third ball, over compensating the line, the seamer drifted down leg and Rahim flicked it over the square leg boundary for another six. 16 runs off the over. Bangladesh now need 16 off 12 balls.
8. 54 pm Over 47 Fifty for Nasir Hussain It was a good over by Praveen Kumar giving away only four runs but Nasir Hussain notched up a breezy fifty. 33 off 18 balls.
8. 54 pm Over 46 Bangladesh brought up their 250 as captain Mushfiqur Rahim joined Nasir Hussain in the middle and played some creative shots to keep the hosts in chase.
8. 38 pm Over 42 OUT!!! F.O.W. 224/4 Crucial wicket of Sakib Al Hasan (49) as Dhoni completed the stumping off Ashwin. The ball spun sharply as Sakib was beaten all ends up.
8. 34 pm Over 41 Pressure on India as Sakib gets eight run of Pathan’s over. Bangladesh need 72 off 54.
Overs 31- 40 Bangladesh 208/3 82 runs required from 60 balls
8. 26 pm Over 40 Final over of the powerplay and Ashwin lands it short, Sakib launches it into deep square leg boundary for a six. fifty run partnership in 35 balls for Sakib and Nasir.
8. 10 pm Over 37 With the run rate going out of Bangladesh’s hand, former Bangladesh captain Shakib Al Hasan launched himself on Ashok Dinda milking him for 17 runs in the 2nd over of batting powerplay.
8. 00 pm Over 34 OUT!!! F.O.W. 156/3 Well set Tamim Iqbal departs for 70 as Ravinder Jadeja took a sharp catch at backward point.
7. 50 pm Over 32 Nasir Hussain clobbered Praveen Kumar over midwicket. It was short of length delivery and Nasir rocked back and packed a powerful punch. One bounce and four.
Overs 21- 30 Bangladesh 135/2 RR: 4.50, RRR: 7.75
7. 32 Over 29 OUT !!! F.O.W. 128/2 Jahurul Islam (53) throws away his wicket at the wrong time after he had done the hard yards in the middle. He went for a slog sweep fetching the ball from outside off stump. Rohit Sharma at midwicket takes a simple catch.
7. 27 pm Over 29 First ball from Jadeja and Tamim Iqbal reverse sweeps the tweaker for a four at backward point. Confidence building with each shot for Tamim. The partnership with Jahurul Islam has gone up to 100 runs as well.
7. 27 pm Over 26 Maiden Fifty for Jahurul Islam Islam was the aggressor of the two and he duly reached his maiden half century in 64 deliveries with a clip behind the square leg.
7. 23 pm Over 26 Fifty for Tamim He has been playing very well through the Asia Cup and Tamim Iqbal 50 off 77 balls reaches yet another fifty. It would be important for Bangladesh that he converts this into something big.
Overs 11-20 Bangladesh 84/1 RR: 4.20, RRR: 6.86
7. 00 pm Over 19 Ashwin into the attack for the first time in the match and starts off rather well conceding only two runs.
6. 30 pm Over 12 Fifty up for Bangladesh as Tamim Iqbal 28 (41) and Jahurul Islam 17 (22) seemed at ease facing the Indian quicks.
Overs (1- 10) Bangladesh 38/1 RR: 3.80, RRR: 6.30
6. 00 pm Over 5 OUT!!! India get the first breakthrough. Nazimmuddin gone for five runs as he tries to pull over midwicket but top edges it to Rohit Sharma at Short extra cover.
The all elusive 100th international ton finally arrived as Sachin Tendulkar created yet another history helping India post a total of 289/5 in the allotted 50 years against Bangladesh in the Asia Cup encounter here at Mirpur on Friday.
Over 41- 50 India 289/5 MS Dhoni 21 (11) Jadeja 4 (2) RR: 5.78
5.10 Over OUT!!! Rohit Sharma goes for just 4 run.
4. 58 pm Over 47 Double wicket over Mashrafe Mortaza scalped the wicket of Suresh Raina who played the attacking brand of cricket he is known for. He scored 51 runs off 38 balls. Then Sachin Tendulkar (114) also perished scoring that all elusive hundred.
4.40 pm Over 44 FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY … 100th international ton for SACHIN RAMESH TENDULKAR It took him one year and four days to go from 99th to the 100th.
4.34 pm Over 42 : And in between Raina produces the trademark hoist over deep midwicket for a maximum.
4.31 pm Over 42 : Tendulkar pushes one past the bowler. Sachin Tendulkar 99 not out.
4.31 pm Over 41 : 3 from the over for Tendulkar. He moves to 98.
Over 31 -40: India 203/2 Tendulkar 95 (127), Kohli 16 (17) RR: 5.07
4.22 pm Over 40 : Sachin gave himself a bit of room and lofted it over extra cover. Four runs. Sachin moves to 94.
4.19 pm Over 39 : Sachin into the 90s
4.06 pm Over 36 : OUT!!! F.O.W. 173/2 Another inside edge as Virat Kohli perishes after a breezy 66 off 82 balls.
3.53 pm Over 34 : Maiden Over Is Sachin under pressure? He played out the first maiden over of the day.
Over 21-30: India 154/1 Tendulkar 78 (98), Kohli 57 (68) RR: 5.13
3.28 pm Over 17 : Fifty for Kohli as he pushed one to deep midwicket.
Over 11-20: India 98/1 Tendulkar 54 (69), Kohli 29 (40) RR: 4.90
2.57 pm Over 19 : Fifty for Tendulkar Inside edge drive over the cover region as Tendulkar reached his fifty, first since scoring 85 in the World Cup semi-final against Pakistan.
2.45 pm Over 17 : Tendulkar went down on one knee and hoisted one over long-on boundary for a SIX!!!
2.45 pm Over 16: 50-run partnership : Tendulkar and Kohli notched up their 50-run partnership in 63 balls. Ind: 76/1
2.41 pm Over 15: Another boundary for Tendulkar. Short and wide from Shahadat Hossain again and Sachin placed it behind backward point for a four.
2.23 pm Over 11: Kohli clipped a leg side ball from Shahadat Hossain bisecting the two fielders at long leg and deep midwicket to earn a boundary.
Over 1 -10: India 49/1 Tendulkar 26 (35), Kohli 10 (10) RR: 4.90
2.15 pm Over 10: Juicy half volley and Sachin Tendulkar caress it past cover point boundary. With five boundaries Sachin moves on to 24.
1.58 pm Over 6: OUT!!! F.O.W: 25/1 Gambhir perishes for 11 (16). Gauti went for an expansive drive but managed to inside edge the ball to his wicket. Lack of foot movement from the opener. Gautam Gambhir b Shafiul Islam - 11
1.54 pm Over 6: Now its Gambhir, Shaiful Islam again gives Gambhir width and precision square-cut from the southpaw.
1.54 pm Over 5: Once again width provided and Tendulkar pounces on to that. Tendulkar moves on to 12 with the help of three boundaries.
1.35 pm Over 2: FIRST BOUNDARY OF THE DAY! Cracking stroke from Sachin Tendulkar. Shafiul Islam bowled the ball a bit wide giving Tendulkar room to free his arms and the master obliged with a powerful drive through covers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur