India vs England 1st ODI: Statistical highlights
Chester-le-Street: Statistical highlights of the first ODI between India and England which was abandoned due to heavy rain on Saturday.
The two countries have now played three games which could not produce results, including two at Chester-le-Street.
Parthiv Patel (95 off 107 balls) has recorded his career-best innings in ODIs. His fourth fifty in ODIs is his first against England on debut.
Patel has posted four fifties each in Tests as well as in ODIs. His aforesaid knock is the fourth highest by an Indian batsman in a no-result ODI.
The three centurions for India in no-result games are 105 not out by Sachin Tendulkar against England at Chester-le-Street on July 4, 2002; 102 not out by Gautam Gambhir against Sri Lanka at Brisbane on February 5, 2008; 100 by Robin Singh against Lanka at Colombo on August 23, 1997.
James Anderson is the second bowler to bag 200 wickets or more for England in ODIs - 200 (ave.30.93) in 148 ODIs. Darren Gough had taken 235 wickets in 159 ODIs at 26.42.
Anderson is the 31st bowler to complete 200 wickets or more in One Day Internationals.
Virat Kohli and Parthiv Patel have added 103-run partnership for the third wicket - India`s second best against England in England - the best is 104 between Rahul Dravid and Sourav Ganguly at Edgbaston on August 27, 2007.
Virat Kohli (55 off 73 balls) has registered his first half-century against England - his 16th in ODIs.
Kohli has managed 729 (ave.40.50) in 20 matches, including one century and six fifties. His aggregate is the highest by an Indian in 2011.
Tim Bresnan took his wickets tally to seven in two ODIs against India, including a career-best 5 for 48 against India at Bangalore on February 27, 2011
Suresh Raina (38) has not registered a half-century in 15 ODI innings. He had last posted a fifty (71 not out) against Australia at Visakhapatnam on October 20, 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon