India vs England 2012, 1st Test Day 5: Statistical highlights
Ahmedabad: Statistical highlights of the fifth day`s play of the opening cricket Test between India and England here today.
• Pragyan Ojha (9/165) has registered his best bowling figures in a Test match. The said figures are the seventh best by an Indian bowler in a winning cause against England in India.
• Vinoo Mankad`s splendid figures of 12 for 108 are the best by an Indian bowler in a winning cause in a Test match against England.
• Ojha has bowled 77.2 overs in the Ahmedabad Test - the most in a game by him, bettering his tally of 75 overs in the 2011-12 Mumbai Test against the visiting West Indians. His tally included 55 overs in the second innings - the most in a Test innings by him.
• Matt Prior`s magnificent 91 off 225 balls is the second highest by an England wicketkeeper in a Test match on Indian soil. Dick Spooner had made 92 in the 1951-52 Kolkata Test.
• Prior and Cook have shared a stand of 157 - England`s second highest for the sixth wicket on Indian soil, next only to the 171 between Bob Taylor and Ian Botham in the 1979-80 Mumbai Test.
• England (406) have registered their third total of 400 or more in an innings after being followed on against India. England had recorded 497 for five in the 1961-62 Kanpur Test their highest after being followed on against India.
• India`s well-deserved triumph by nine wickets is their 20th in 104 Tests against England - winning per cent 19.23. They have lost 38 and drawn 46.
• India have now won 20 Tests each against Australia and England.
• Cheteshwar Pujara, for the first time, was named the Man of the Match in Tests.
• Pujara`s double hundred (206 not out) is the second by an Indian batsman after Vinod Kambli (224 in the 1992-93 Mumbai Test) in a winning cause against England.
• Pujara`s run-aggregate of 247 without being dismissed is the highest by an Indian batsman in a winning cause against England, eclipsing Vinod Kambli`s 224 in the 1992-93 Mumbai Test.
• Pujara`s aforesaid tally is the highest by any player in a winning cause in a Test match at Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad.
• India`s tally of 20 Test wins under Dhoni`s leadership is the second highest, next only to Sourav Ganguly`s 21.
• Alastair Cook (176 off 374 balls) has posted his fourth highest score in Tests - his highest in a losing cause.
• Despite posting 41 & 176 by Cook, he is averaging 28.62 in a losing cause in Tests.
• In 25 England defeats, Cook has totalled just 1431 runs at an average of 28.62. His tally includes four hundreds and four fifties.
• Cook`s only other hundred in an overseas Test in a losing cause is 116 against Austalia at Perth in December 2006.
• Cook has established a record for the highest individual innings by an England player after following on, bettering Ken Barrington`s 172 in the 1961-62 Kanpur Test against India.
• Cook`s innings is the second highest by a captain after following on. Pakistan`s Salim Malik had posted 237 against Australia at Rawalpindi in 1994-95.
• Cook spent 556 minutes at the crease in the second innings - the second longest in terms of minutes by an England player in India. Graeme Fowler had spent 563 minutes for his 201 in the 1984-85 Chennai Test. His innings is the sixth longest in terms of minutes by a visiting player in India.
• No other overseas player besides Cook has batted for such a long period in the second innings of a Test match. Andy Flower had batted for 544 minutes for his superb unbeaten 232 in the 2000-01 Nagpur Test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical