India vs England 2012: Bereaved Gambhir expected to join team on Day 5
New Delhi: India opener Gautam Gambhir, who has returned home following his grandmother`s death, is expected to join the team in Ahmedabad for the final day`s play in the first Test against England on Monday.
Gambhir was bereaved when he lost his maternal grandmother Asha Gulati. She was 71 and suffered cardiac arrest last night.
Gambhir cut short his stay in Ahmedabad to return home and be with his family.
India might have to bat the second time in the match tomorrow as England, after being forced to follow-on, today wiped off the huge 330-run deficit and were ahead by 10 runs when stumps were drawn on the fourth day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed