India vs England 2012: Bereaved Gambhir expected to join team on Day 5
New Delhi: India opener Gautam Gambhir, who has returned home following his grandmother`s death, is expected to join the team in Ahmedabad for the final day`s play in the first Test against England on Monday.
Gambhir was bereaved when he lost his maternal grandmother Asha Gulati. She was 71 and suffered cardiac arrest last night.
Gambhir cut short his stay in Ahmedabad to return home and be with his family.
India might have to bat the second time in the match tomorrow as England, after being forced to follow-on, today wiped off the huge 330-run deficit and were ahead by 10 runs when stumps were drawn on the fourth day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'