India vs England 2012: Bereaved Gambhir expected to join team on Day 5
New Delhi: India opener Gautam Gambhir, who has returned home following his grandmother`s death, is expected to join the team in Ahmedabad for the final day`s play in the first Test against England on Monday.
Gambhir was bereaved when he lost his maternal grandmother Asha Gulati. She was 71 and suffered cardiac arrest last night.
Gambhir cut short his stay in Ahmedabad to return home and be with his family.
India might have to bat the second time in the match tomorrow as England, after being forced to follow-on, today wiped off the huge 330-run deficit and were ahead by 10 runs when stumps were drawn on the fourth day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016