Will lady luck smile on India in 2nd ODI against England?
Last Updated: Monday, January 14, 2013, 16:11
Indian cricket team
India vs England 2013
Kochi: Will luck smile on India when they take on England in the second one-day international at the Jawaharlal Nehru International stadium here which has been a happy hunting ground for the hosts with four of the six ODIs played going in their favour.
India has lost two matches and a tie between India and Australia on October 17, 2010 was abandoned without a ball being bowled due to heavy rain.
The highest total that was notched up was 309/5 by India in the opening match against Australia on April 1, 1998.
The match also witnessed Sachin Tendulkar doing wonders with the ball claiming 5 for 32 in his 10 overs, which incidentally is the best bowling effort by him.
Seven years later Tendulkar again stole the limelight with his leg spin against Pakistan claiming 5 for 50 and both five wickets haul in his ODI career came on this ground.
The second match was also a high scoring tie between India and South Africa on March 9, 2000, in which the latter scored 301 for 3 and India overhauled the total with 302/7.
The present fixture is a day/night match.
ODIs at Kochi
• India Vs Australia (April1, 1998 India won by 41 runs) India: 309/5 (A Jadeja 105 N.O, M S Kasprowicz 3/50) Australia: 268 (all out) (Gilchrist 61,Tendulkar 5/32).
• India Vs South Africa (Mar 9, 2000-India won by 3 wickets): India 302/7 (A Jadeja 92, W J Cronje 2/48) vs South Africa 301/3 (G Kirsten 115, R Dravid 2/43).
• India Vs Zimbabwe (March 13, 2002-Zimbabwe won by 6 wickets): India 191 (M Kaif 56, Douglas Honda 4/37) Zimbabwe 197/4 (A D R Campbell 71, Ajit Agarkar 2/28).
• India Vs Pakistan (April 2, 2005-India won by 87 runs): India 281/8 (Sehwag 108, Arshad Khan 4/33) Pakistan 194 (M Hafeez 42, Tendulkar 5/50).
• India vs England (April 6, 2006-India won by 4 wickets): India 238/6 (Dravid 65 N>O, Ian Blackbell 2/41) England 237 (G Jones 49, Yuvraj Singh 2/34).
• India Vs Australia (Oct 2, 2007-Australia won by 84 runs): India 222 (M Dhoni 58, G Hogg 3/40) Australia 306/6 (Bradley Haddin 87 N>O, Sreesanth 3/67).
• India vs Australia (Oct 17, 2010): Match abandoned without a ball being bowled due to rain.
First Published: Monday, January 14, 2013, 16:09
Post your Comments
Most liked Comments
Thank for your comment. Your comment will be seen by our moderator..!
India tour a learning experience: Giles
HPCA confirms recovery of fake tickets in Dharamsala ODI
More match ..»
England in India 2012
England's captain Alastair Cook and his Indian counterpart Mahendra Singh Dhoni, unveil the trophy ahead of their Test cricket series starting in Ahmedabad.
India beat England in the 2nd ODI, at Kochi, by 127 runs
Eng defeat Ind by 9 runs
Copyright © Zee Media Corporation Ltd . All rights reserved