`Uncapped` Sanju Samson, Karan Sharma can make a difference
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: As the Test series is over, India and England are all set to lock horns in the limited over formats. Interestingly, three players in the Indian ODI squad – Sanju Samson, Karn Sharma and Dhawal Kulkarni are uncapped. And it`s highly possible that out of three, two promising youngsters in Samson and Sharma might get a chance earn their ODI caps.
And if they get a chance to get a game or two, it would be the golden opportunity for them to impress Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Indian selectors.
While playing for IPL franchise – Rajasthan Royals, Samson has impressed many with his batting style in the cash-rich league. His stroke making ability makes him a tough batsman to bowl to. Despite being a work in progress, the Kerala batsman is a talent to look for out for in the near future.
Like Samson, Karn Sharma too hogged the limelight on several occasions in the IPL while playing for Sunrisers Hyderabad. His orthodox leg-spin helped him fox many big names in the tournament. He has ample tricks up his sleeves to give the international batsmen a run for their money.
In fact, in the only practice match before the ODI series against Middlesex, he bowled an impressive spell, ending up with figures of 3 wickets for 14 runs.
Though, in the presence of two prime spinners R Ashwin and Ravinder Jadeja, it`s quite difficult for Sharma to find a place in the playing XI. But Dhoni, who is known for his on-field gambles, can give the leg-spinner a chance.
Before the 2015 ICC World Cup, it would be perfect time for these youngsters to make positive impressions by grabbing the opportunities as and when they present themselves.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details