Broad backs returning Stokes to have big impact on England scene
Johannesburg: Ben Stokes has been backed by all-rounder Stuart Broad to have as big an impact on the England scene as he did on a Barbados dressing-room locker after the young all-rounder was recalled to a 13-man squad for next week`s Test against India.
An angry Stokes had punched a dressing room locker at the Kensington Oval in Bridgetown for being dismissed for a golden duck against the West Indies and had promptly broken a bone in his hand.
Stokes missed England`s recent 1-0 home loss to Sri Lanka in a two-Test series after the selectors decided that the all-rounder needed to get more overs under his belt after the wrist injury, Sport24 reported.
Stokes has already shown his ability at international level by providing England with rare highlights during their 5-0 Ashes thrashing in Australia when he scored a maiden hundred in his second Test at Perth and took eight wickets in Sydney.
Broad said that they know the quality Stokes has got, adding that he is a raw talent but he is a player one wants to play with an d not against.
The England new-ball bowler said that Stokes can get in players` faces and has already got a Test match hundred and Test match `six for` at Sydney.
Broad also said that Stokes is obviously a very talented guy, adding that he is the sort of player who can really get in the Indians faces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IN PICS: Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters brutally thrash this man in Patna - Know why
- Good news! India win one silver, two bronze in Archery World Cup
- Yuvraj Singh drops big hint about film on his life – Here's what the star batsman said...
- Indian Premier League 9: After struggling for years, Delhi Daredevils find rhythm under Rahul Dravid's watchful eyes
- WATCH: SHOCKING! Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters mercilessly beat up man for showing black flag