England bullied, bounced out by India: Warne
London: Legendary Australian spinner Shane Warne Monday said India "bullied and bounced" out England to earn their first win at Lord`s since 1986.
"Horrific hour for Eng. India bullied & bounced them out. Remember Eng won the toss on the greenest pitch ever & blew it, changes needed !!" tweeted Warne, referring to the bouncers bowled by Indian pacers, especially Ishant Sharma.
India won the second Test at the `home of cricket` by 95 runs to take a 1-0 lead in the five-match series against England. The first test at Trent Bridge resulted in a draw.
The last time India won a Test at Lord`s was when Kapil Dev`s men defeated England in 1986.
The former leg spinner also praised pacer Ishant, who achieved career best figures of 7/74, for getting left-hander Moeen Ali out off a bouncer on the last ball before lunch.
"Great 1st session at Lords today & an awesome delivery from Sharma last ball before lunch. Also, I donated my plaster cast to the Lords museum - weird item, but fun!" added Warne.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Thrash the CPI-M agent, says Trinamool''s Sonali Guha; EC files FIR
- Shraddha Kapoor feels grateful that her songs became huge hits!
- Bangladesh's ICC ODI ranking: How BCB president Nazmul Hassan created unnecessary confusion
- Five people killed after building collapses in Mumbai's Kamathipura
- Sonia, Rahul Gandhi to lead Congress gherao of Parliament on May 6