England bullied, bounced out by India: Warne
London: Legendary Australian spinner Shane Warne Monday said India "bullied and bounced" out England to earn their first win at Lord`s since 1986.
"Horrific hour for Eng. India bullied & bounced them out. Remember Eng won the toss on the greenest pitch ever & blew it, changes needed !!" tweeted Warne, referring to the bouncers bowled by Indian pacers, especially Ishant Sharma.
India won the second Test at the `home of cricket` by 95 runs to take a 1-0 lead in the five-match series against England. The first test at Trent Bridge resulted in a draw.
The last time India won a Test at Lord`s was when Kapil Dev`s men defeated England in 1986.
The former leg spinner also praised pacer Ishant, who achieved career best figures of 7/74, for getting left-hander Moeen Ali out off a bouncer on the last ball before lunch.
"Great 1st session at Lords today & an awesome delivery from Sharma last ball before lunch. Also, I donated my plaster cast to the Lords museum - weird item, but fun!" added Warne.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert