England bullied, bounced out by India: Warne
London: Legendary Australian spinner Shane Warne Monday said India "bullied and bounced" out England to earn their first win at Lord`s since 1986.
"Horrific hour for Eng. India bullied & bounced them out. Remember Eng won the toss on the greenest pitch ever & blew it, changes needed !!" tweeted Warne, referring to the bouncers bowled by Indian pacers, especially Ishant Sharma.
India won the second Test at the `home of cricket` by 95 runs to take a 1-0 lead in the five-match series against England. The first test at Trent Bridge resulted in a draw.
The last time India won a Test at Lord`s was when Kapil Dev`s men defeated England in 1986.
The former leg spinner also praised pacer Ishant, who achieved career best figures of 7/74, for getting left-hander Moeen Ali out off a bouncer on the last ball before lunch.
"Great 1st session at Lords today & an awesome delivery from Sharma last ball before lunch. Also, I donated my plaster cast to the Lords museum - weird item, but fun!" added Warne.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- President tells IIT, IISc-Bangalore and IISER scholars to make India great
- Accident blocks Delhi-Howrah rail route, two dozen trains diverted
- Israel says Abbas reviving old `blood libel` against Jews
- Colombia government, FARC rebels sign ceasefire
- Subramanian Swamy now raises questions on Arvind Kejriwal's admission into IIT