England call up Steve Finn to replace Liam Plunkett
London: England on Sunday called Steven Finn into the squad for the fourth Test against India to replace injured paceman Liam Plunkett.
After suffering particularly badly on England`s disastrous Ashes tour of Australia, Finn has been in good form for Middlesex this season.
Yorkshire`s Plunkett dropped out to rest an injured ankle that will not be recovered in time for the fourth Test starting at Old Trafford on Thursday, with the five-match series level at 1-1.
"Liam Plunkett experienced some left ankle discomfort at the end of the second Investec Test and will miss the fourth Test as this continues to settle," the England and Wales Cricket Board said in a short statement.
England hope that rest will get Plunkett ready for the fifth Test starting on August 15.
Finn`s form in Australia was so bad that he was the only member of England`s squad not to get a match in any of the five Tests, all won by the host nation.
The 6 feet 7 inch (two metre) tall Finn, 25, made his Test debut for England against Bangladesh in 2010 and has since taken 90 wickets in 23 internationals.
He has taken 44 wickets so far in the county championship this summer at an average of 29.72.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj