England recall left-arm spinner Kerrigan for Lord`s Test
London: England have recalled left-arm spinner Simon Kerrigan for the second Test against India at Lord`s, which begins from Thursday.
Kerrigan, 25, returns to the England squad after almost a year. His previous appearance was against Australia at The Oval, where he conceded 53 runs from eight overs and went wicketless, reports the BBC.
Kerrigan has taken 28 county championship wickets for Lancashire this summer at an average of 34, with a best of 4-68.
Kerrigan was the only addition to the England squad that drew the first Test at Trent Bridge against India on Sunday.
Kerrigan said that he was really excited and delighted to get the call up, but at the same time admitted that he would have to bowl much better that what he did in his debut appearance.
England squad: Alastair Cook (Essex, capt), Sam Robson (Middlesex), Gary Ballance (Yorkshire), Ian Bell (Warwickshire), Joe Root (Yorkshire), Moeen Ali (Worcestershire), Matt Prior (Sussex, wk), Ben Stokes (Durham), Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire), Liam Plunkett (Yorkshire), James Anderson (Lancashire), Chris Jordan (Sussex), Chris Woakes (Warwickshire), Simon Kerrigan (Lancashire).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan
- BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016 : BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016, BSEB 12th Vocational Results to be declared at biharboard.bih.nic.in, www.biharboard.net