England`s performance against India was best in recent history, says Ian Botham
London: Ex-England cricketer Ian Botham thinks that England`s win over India was one of the best performances in recent history.
Botham said that the win at the Ageas Bowl was simply superb right from the off. You could call it a toss to tape win, because at no stage did India ever look like overtaking England in this match, the Mirror reported.
On every day, in every session and in every department England were stronger than India and I expect to see them pull away further over the rest of the series. It wasn`t just the newer guys making their mark it was the senior men too.
He added that watching the likes of Alastair Cook and Ian Bell back in the runs and Stuart Broad and Jimmy Anderson back in the wickets was great to see and hopefully this will kick start the rest of the summer for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi