England`s performance against India was best in recent history, says Ian Botham
London: Ex-England cricketer Ian Botham thinks that England`s win over India was one of the best performances in recent history.
Botham said that the win at the Ageas Bowl was simply superb right from the off. You could call it a toss to tape win, because at no stage did India ever look like overtaking England in this match, the Mirror reported.
On every day, in every session and in every department England were stronger than India and I expect to see them pull away further over the rest of the series. It wasn`t just the newer guys making their mark it was the senior men too.
He added that watching the likes of Alastair Cook and Ian Bell back in the runs and Stuart Broad and Jimmy Anderson back in the wickets was great to see and hopefully this will kick start the rest of the summer for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?