Gary Ballance goes on drinking binge, warned by coach Moores
London: England`s top-order batsman Gary Ballance has been handed a stern warning by team`s coach Peter Moores over the left-hander`s conduct in a drunken state at a Nottingham pub after the end of the first Test match.
Pictures of Ballance in a topless state with a bear can in hand was splashed all over the British newspapers but ECB has decided that a warning is enough for the talented batsman, who scored a gritty half-century in the first Test against India at Trent Bridge.
According to the `Daily Telegraph`, "The England and Wales Cricket Board said Ballance had been reminded of his responsibilities by Moores in the build-up to the second Test against India at Lord`s, after he was pictured dancing in the nightclub and was then, according to an eyewitness, carried out drunk."
The ECB had stated Ballance would not face formal disciplinary action and would retain his place in the Test team at Lord`s.
"Ballance was photographed, apparently by another drinker, in the Pandora`s Box nightclub, with no top on, and clutching a beer. The pictures were taken hours after the first Test had ended in a draw.
An eyewitness is quoted as saying:"They had to carry him out at the end of the night. He was standing outside with his top off screaming, "England!, England! England!`," the paper was quoted as saying.
Moores said:"I am aware that some of the England players were caught on camera relaxing after the conclusion of the recent Trent Bridge Test match.
"As the players had been released at the end of the first Test and were not due to meet up to begin preparations for the second Test until Monday evening, and there were no suggestions of impropriety there is no need for any disciplinary action. I will however be reminding all players of their responsibilities to uphold the best possible image for England cricket," the coach further added.
Another eyewitness said:"A song came on and he clearly enjoyed it so he removed his top."
One report, in student newspaper website The Tab reported that Ballance was accompanied by controversial speedster James Anderson, Joe Root and Liam Plunkett.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest