Ian Botham says England winning because senior squad finally firing
London: Former England Test cricketer and captain Ian Botham has said that now that Ian Bell, James Anderson, Stuart Broad and Alastair Cook are firing, their side is winning.
Botham said that England has managed to perform an about turn quicker than his Jack Russell when he knows that it is dinnertime. And he said that it is really down to the contribution of the senior players.
Botham questioned why it took them until the fifth Test of the summer to really get involved. He added maybe it was the legacy of the winter and the England squad was still a bit shell-shocked, or maybe it was the unfamiliarity of so much change at the same time, The Mirror reported.
Whatever it was, he said that it is not there anymore and when one puts it together with the efforts of the younger guys who are blossoming into decent Test players then it is some combination.
Botham said that England has got one more Test to go before a break from the format and he expects to see the squad go out on a high with another win. He added that India looks like a broken team to him and are there for the taking at the Oval.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket