ICC appoints Gordon Lewis as Judicial Commissioner to probe Jadeja-Anderson altercation
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The International Cricket Council (ICC) on Thursday appointed Gordon Lewis of Australia as the Judicial Commissioner to hear the case against England fast bowler James Anderson.
"His Honour Gordon Lewis AM is Australias representative on the ICC Code of Conduct Commission and his appointment, as per Article 5.2 of the ICC Code of Conduct for Players and Player Support Personnel, was finalised after the England cricket team responded to the Notice of Charge," the ICC said in a media release.
The Judicial Commissioner has convened a preliminary hearing on 22nd July at the conclusion of the 2nd Test being played at Lord`s.
"The ICC also confirmed that the Judicial Commissioner has convened a preliminary hearing after the Lords Test, scheduled to take place on the morning of Tuesday 22 July. This will take place via telephone conference call in which the Judicial Commissioner will address any preliminary issues that need to be resolved prior to setting the hearing date and will also explain the procedure that will be followed at the hearing," the cricket governing body stated in the release.
Earlier, Indian team management accused Anderson of abusing and pushing Ravindra Jadeja on the second day of the first Test at Trent Bridge.
The 31-year-old could face a ban of two to four Tests if charges against him are proved. The incident took place during the lunch break of the second day`s play when the two players were walking back to the pavilion for lunch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves