Ind vs Eng 2014: Men in Blue in driving seat for series victory
After winning two back-to-back ODIs, India are on the drivers seat for the five-match series against England. After the opening match of the series being washed off due to rain, without a bowl being bowled, the 'men in blue' thrashed England in the next two matches to get an unassailable 2-0 lead.
New Delhi: After winning two back-to-back ODIs, India are on the drivers seat for the five-match series against England. After the opening match of the series being washed off due to rain, without a bowl being bowled, the 'men in blue' thrashed England in the next two matches to get an unassailable 2-0 lead.
The listless English team were all over the place against the tourists as they lost the 2nd ODI match by 133 runs and the next encounter by six wickets. MS Dhoni & Co performed better than England in each department. In both the games, Indian spinners played a vital role to get the better of the hosts.
It seems as if the presence of fresh legs who have joined the team after the Test series, which India lost 1-3, gave the team a new lease of life. Especially, Suresh Raina, the centurion in the 2nd ODI, had played a pivotal role in both ODIs. His all-rounding skills stood out and he was a live-wire on field.
India are merely a win away from clinching the series, which will give them a lot of confidence, especially months before the ICC World Cup, in which they will look forward to defend the title.
India are high on confidence and will lock horns against England on Tuesday at Edgbaston, Birmingham in the 4th ODI. India are certainly the favourites to win the match, and pocket the series which might give them some much needed solace after a humiliating a Test series defeat at the hands of England.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31