India should stick with Stuart Binny for Lord`s Test
Zee Media Bureau/ Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: He might not have been very impressive with his bowling in the first Test against England, but debutant Stuart Binny played a match-saving knock at Trent Bridge and thus MS Dhoni and selectors should retain him for the second Test.
Binny, who has performed extremely well in the Indian domestic circuit of late, grabbed the opportunity with both hands and played a pivotal 78-run knock.
India were in a precarious position when Binny walked in to bat. India were 184/6 and had just lost the wicket of their skipper MS Dhoni. From there on, Binny stitched a crucial 65-run partnership with Ravindra Jadeja, followed by another 91-run partnership with Bhuvneshwar Kumar, before being dismissed by Moeen Ali.
The experts are of the opinion that the pitch at Trent Bridge wasn`t suited to his bowling and thus Dhoni should stick with Binny as he is a far better batsman than Ravichandran Ashwin and if India play Ravindra Jadeja, they do have a spin bowling option.
Moreover, dropping Binny after that stupendous knock under pressure wouldn`t be a right move, as India are in a desperate need of an all-rounder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir