India vs England 2014: 1st Test, Day 2 - Statistical highlights
Nottingham, Jul 11 (PTI) Statistical highlights of the second day`s play in the first cricket Test between India and England here.
# Mahendra Singh Dhoni`s 82 off 152 balls is his second highest in England in 14 innings, next only to the 92 at The Oval in 2007.
# The knock is Dhoni`s third highest as captain overseas - the highest being 90 vs South Africa at Centurion in December 2010.
# Dhoni has become the fifth Indian batsman to complete 1,000 runs in Tests at number six - his tally being 1007 (ave.67.13). His superb average is the highest at this batting position for India in Tests.
# Murali Vijay`s splendid 146 off 361 balls is the second highest by an Indian batsman in his very first Test innings against England, next only to an unbeaten 206 by Cheteshwar Pujara at Ahmedabad in 2012-13.
# Vijay recorded the fourth longest innings in terms of balls for India against England in England. His superb knock is the second highest by an Indian batsman at Trent Bridge, next only to Sachin Tendulkar`s 177 in 1996.
# Vijay and Dhoni were associated in a partnership of 126 -- India`s second highest for the fifth wicket against England at Trent Bridge, next only to the 128 between Rahul Dravid and Yuvraj Singh in 2011.
# In all, six century partnerships have been registered for India for the fifth wicket in England in Tests -- the highest is 142 between Dilip Vengsarkar and Yashpal Sharma at Lord`s in 1982.
# Bhuvneshwar Kumar (58) recorded his maiden fifty, eclipsing the 38 vs Australia at Chennai in February 2013.
# Kumar became the second number nine batsman to post a fifty at Trent Bridge. Harbhajan had made 54 in 2002.
# In all, Kumar has become the sixth India`s number nine batsman to record a half-century in England. Abid Ali had recorded 71 at Old Trafford in 1974 - the highest by India`s number nine batsman in England.
# Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Mohammad Shami were involved in a stand of 111 - an Indian record vs England in Tests, bettering the 73 between Anil Kumble and Sreesanth at The Oval in 2007. The said partnership is the second highest for the tenth wicket at Trent Bridge, next only to the 163 between Ashton Agar and Phillip Hughes for Australia in July 2013.
# The stand is India`s second highest for the 10th wicket in Tests behind the 133 between Sachin Tendulkar and Zaheer Khan vs Bangladesh at Dhaka in 2004-05.
# In all, four 100-plus stands have been recorded for India in Tests - one each vs Bangladesh, New Zealand,
Pakistan and England.
# Overall, eight century stands have been registered for the tenth wicket against England in Tests.
# Mohammed Shami (51 not out) has recorded his maiden fifty in Tests. He became the third India`s number
eleven batsman to post a fifty, joining Zaheer Khan`s 75 vs Bangladesh at Dhaka in December 2004 and Ghulam Ahmed`s 50 vs Pakistan at Delhi in October 1952.
# India`s last wicket pair has faced 229 balls, which is the fourth highest by any tenth-wicket pair in Test Cricket and the highest by any pair outside the sub-continent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31