India vs England 2014: Virat Kohli, Cheteshwar Pujara need to deliver in 5th Test
Zee Media Bureau/ Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: As another overseas series loss looms over the Indian team, the tourists need their two main batsmen – Virat Kohli and Cheteshwar Pujara – to fire in the fifth and the final Test.
Ahead of the series, there were lot of expectations from these two champion batsmen, and they were expected to slam big knocks against the Poms, who had routed India 4-0 when MS Dhoni-led side toured them in 2012.
But that has not been the case and these two in total have managed to score just one fifty from 12 innings. While Kohli has scored just 108 runs from six innings, Pujara has scored 207 runs from as many innings.
While Kohli has mostly been dismissed outside the off-stump by English seamers, Pujara, despite getting starts, has failed to score a big knock in the five-match series.
India lost the momentum after the Lord`s win as England bounced back to win two consecutive Tests. If India entertain any chances of fighting back in the fifth Test to level series, Kohli and Pujara will have to play their heart out at the Oval.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP