India vs England 2014: Virat Kohli, Cheteshwar Pujara need to deliver in 5th Test
Zee Media Bureau/ Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: As another overseas series loss looms over the Indian team, the tourists need their two main batsmen – Virat Kohli and Cheteshwar Pujara – to fire in the fifth and the final Test.
Ahead of the series, there were lot of expectations from these two champion batsmen, and they were expected to slam big knocks against the Poms, who had routed India 4-0 when MS Dhoni-led side toured them in 2012.
But that has not been the case and these two in total have managed to score just one fifty from 12 innings. While Kohli has scored just 108 runs from six innings, Pujara has scored 207 runs from as many innings.
While Kohli has mostly been dismissed outside the off-stump by English seamers, Pujara, despite getting starts, has failed to score a big knock in the five-match series.
India lost the momentum after the Lord`s win as England bounced back to win two consecutive Tests. If India entertain any chances of fighting back in the fifth Test to level series, Kohli and Pujara will have to play their heart out at the Oval.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31