India vs England: BCCI appoints Ravi Shastri Team India's director; Fletcher retains job
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Former Indian skipper Ravi Shastri was appointed as Team India`s Director of Cricket on Tuesday for the five-match ODI series against England.
It has also been learnt that Duncan Fletcher will continue as the head coach while Ravi Shastri will be the overall in-charge of cricket affairs of the Indian team.
The BCCI has also given a break to bowling coach Joe Dawes and fielding coach Trevor Penny for the one-day series and appointed Sanjay Bangar, former Indian all rounder, and former India fast bowler Bharat Arun as assistant coaches of the team. R Sridhar will join the support team as the fielding coach for the one-day series.
BCCI confirmed the news via their Twitter account.
News Alert: Ravi Shastri, Sanjay Bangar, Bharat Arun, R Sridhar join India support staff for ODI series. Full Story: http://t.co/WaZWrJuchH
— BCCI (@BCCI) August 19, 2014
After a pathetic performance during the five-match long Test series, which India lost 3-1, MS Dhoni-led side faced criticism from all the corners. In fact, many raised fingers on coach Fletcher as well. It might be the reason behind the BCCI`s decision to rope in Shastri.
After the five match ODI series, India will also play a lone T20 match on September 7, which is scheduled to take place at Edgbaston, Birmingham.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards