India will have a tough time during Australia tour, reckons Glenn McGrath
New Delhi: Australian pace legend Glenn McGrath feels that India will have a tough time during its upcoming tour of Australia at the end of this year after their disastrous show in England.
"I think Indians are going to have a very tough time in Australia. Last time, when the two teams met, it was in India and we lost 0-4. But we have come a long way since then," McGrath told a leading news channel on Monday.
McGrath feels that this same England team were thrashed 5-0 by the Aussies during the last Ashes, so one could gauge what exactly would be in store for India.
"Australia has also defeated this same England squad 5-0 last year in the Ashes. So now you can well understand that how much tough it can be for India playing over there," he opined.
While talking about the Test debacle, McGrath said,"The present team needs to do a lot of hard work. I don`t think that there is a single problem, there are a lot, so they need to fix the basics."
"Though the bowlers did a formidable job, the fielding completely failed. You cannot miss so many catches and think that you can put the opposition under pressure. The bowlers created a lot of opportunities, but obviously getting no results out of that brings frustration."
And above all the batting line failed completely which made the other players lose the confidence," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr