India will have a tough time during Australia tour, reckons Glenn McGrath
New Delhi: Australian pace legend Glenn McGrath feels that India will have a tough time during its upcoming tour of Australia at the end of this year after their disastrous show in England.
"I think Indians are going to have a very tough time in Australia. Last time, when the two teams met, it was in India and we lost 0-4. But we have come a long way since then," McGrath told a leading news channel on Monday.
McGrath feels that this same England team were thrashed 5-0 by the Aussies during the last Ashes, so one could gauge what exactly would be in store for India.
"Australia has also defeated this same England squad 5-0 last year in the Ashes. So now you can well understand that how much tough it can be for India playing over there," he opined.
While talking about the Test debacle, McGrath said,"The present team needs to do a lot of hard work. I don`t think that there is a single problem, there are a lot, so they need to fix the basics."
"Though the bowlers did a formidable job, the fielding completely failed. You cannot miss so many catches and think that you can put the opposition under pressure. The bowlers created a lot of opportunities, but obviously getting no results out of that brings frustration."
And above all the batting line failed completely which made the other players lose the confidence," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH