Ishant Sharma ruled out of fourth Test against England
Southampton: Fast bowler Ishant Sharma will miss the fourth cricket Test against England at Old Trafford as he is still recuperating from an ankle injury, India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni said on Thursday.
Ishant had returned with a career-best figures of seven for 74 to guide India to a 95-run win over England in the second Test at Lord`s, but he missed the second Test after picking up an injury in his left ankle.
He was replaced in the third Test here by Rajasthan pacer Pankaj Singh. "Ishant will definitely not be fit for the fourth Test. We will have to discuss the matter but as of now he won`t be available for the next Test," Dhoni said when asked if the Delhi pacer will be fit for the fourth Test.
With Ishant unavailable for the fourth Test, Dhoni will certainly have a lot of thinking to do in terms of getting his first XI right.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed