Ishant Sharma ruled out of fourth Test against England
Southampton: Fast bowler Ishant Sharma will miss the fourth cricket Test against England at Old Trafford as he is still recuperating from an ankle injury, India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni said on Thursday.
Ishant had returned with a career-best figures of seven for 74 to guide India to a 95-run win over England in the second Test at Lord`s, but he missed the second Test after picking up an injury in his left ankle.
He was replaced in the third Test here by Rajasthan pacer Pankaj Singh. "Ishant will definitely not be fit for the fourth Test. We will have to discuss the matter but as of now he won`t be available for the next Test," Dhoni said when asked if the Delhi pacer will be fit for the fourth Test.
With Ishant unavailable for the fourth Test, Dhoni will certainly have a lot of thinking to do in terms of getting his first XI right.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Focus on defence, security as PM Modi meets Uzbek President
- President tells IIT, IISc-Bangalore and IISER scholars to make India great
- Accident blocks Delhi-Howrah rail route, two dozen trains diverted
- Israel says Abbas reviving old `blood libel` against Jews
- Colombia government, FARC rebels sign ceasefire