Ishant Sharma ruled out of fourth Test against England
Southampton: Fast bowler Ishant Sharma will miss the fourth cricket Test against England at Old Trafford as he is still recuperating from an ankle injury, India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni said on Thursday.
Ishant had returned with a career-best figures of seven for 74 to guide India to a 95-run win over England in the second Test at Lord`s, but he missed the second Test after picking up an injury in his left ankle.
He was replaced in the third Test here by Rajasthan pacer Pankaj Singh. "Ishant will definitely not be fit for the fourth Test. We will have to discuss the matter but as of now he won`t be available for the next Test," Dhoni said when asked if the Delhi pacer will be fit for the fourth Test.
With Ishant unavailable for the fourth Test, Dhoni will certainly have a lot of thinking to do in terms of getting his first XI right.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today