James Anderson becomes highest wicket taker in England
Zee Media Bureau/ Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: England pacer James Anderson became the highest wicket in England on Day 1 of the first Test match against India being played at Lord`s.
Jimmy picked his first wicket of the second Test when Shikhar Dhawan edged one towards the slip cordon in the third over of the day`s play.
Anderson went past Fred Trueman, who had picked 229 wickets from 47 matches, to achieve the feat.
Indian team management has accused Anderson of abusing and pushing Ravindra Jadeja on the second day of the first Test at Trent Bridge.
The 31-year-old could face a ban of two to four Tests if charges against him are proved. The incident took place during the lunch break of the second day`s play when the two players were walking back to the pavilion for lunch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 'Kabali' mints $2 mn from North America premieres
- Delhi Police on terrorists' radar
- India vs West Indies: Satisfied to score double ton after forgettable debut, says Virat Kohli
- FIR lodged over beating of two Dalits in Bihar's Muzaffarpur
- HILARIOUS! Virender Sehwag's take on Kohli and Kabali will leave you in splits