James Anderson becomes highest wicket taker in England
Zee Media Bureau/ Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: England pacer James Anderson became the highest wicket in England on Day 1 of the first Test match against India being played at Lord`s.
Jimmy picked his first wicket of the second Test when Shikhar Dhawan edged one towards the slip cordon in the third over of the day`s play.
Anderson went past Fred Trueman, who had picked 229 wickets from 47 matches, to achieve the feat.
Indian team management has accused Anderson of abusing and pushing Ravindra Jadeja on the second day of the first Test at Trent Bridge.
The 31-year-old could face a ban of two to four Tests if charges against him are proved. The incident took place during the lunch break of the second day`s play when the two players were walking back to the pavilion for lunch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'