James Anderson becomes highest wicket taker in England
Zee Media Bureau/ Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: England pacer James Anderson became the highest wicket in England on Day 1 of the first Test match against India being played at Lord`s.
Jimmy picked his first wicket of the second Test when Shikhar Dhawan edged one towards the slip cordon in the third over of the day`s play.
Anderson went past Fred Trueman, who had picked 229 wickets from 47 matches, to achieve the feat.
Indian team management has accused Anderson of abusing and pushing Ravindra Jadeja on the second day of the first Test at Trent Bridge.
The 31-year-old could face a ban of two to four Tests if charges against him are proved. The incident took place during the lunch break of the second day`s play when the two players were walking back to the pavilion for lunch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more