Jos Buttler aims to mimic Kevin Pietersen`s `big hitting heroics` on Test debut for England
London: Jos Buttler, who will make his Test debut for England, is aiming to follow in Kevin Pietersen`s footsteps and carry his big-hitting style from ODIs and Twenty20s into the five-day game.
The English county cricket club Lancashire`s wicketkeeper-batsman wants to turn on the crowd in Pietersen style once he is handed his Test cap on Sunday.
Like Pietersen before him, Buttler is attempting to make the transition from ODI wonder to Test match thrill-seeker, The Mirror reported.
Buttler`s 121 against Sri Lanka had already confirmed his mettle, yet he made his Test debut only after an injury to Matt Prior and after playing for two and a half years in the ODI side.
Pietersen, on the other hand, was picked into the Test team just eight months after his brilliant ODI exertions in Zimbabwe and South Africa.
Buttler said that he dose not want to lose his ODI batting style completely, and added that there are people around the world who play in that aggressive manner and do well.
Buttler said that when Pietersen played for England people were excited to watch him because he was always looking to score runs, and added that David Warner has done that role for Australia very successfully too.
The wicketkeeper-batsman added that it would be silly of him to go into his shell completely and curb all his natural instincts because that is what has got him to where he is.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29