Kevin Pietersen reckons `ghosts` had a role to play in England`s 95-run loss to India
Zee Media Bureau/ Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: Minutes after the MS Dhoni-led Team India defeated England by 95 runs to end their 28-year drought at Lord`s, former England cricketer Kevin Pietersen tweeted saying `ghosts` had a role to play in England`s loss.
Pietersen, who was sacked from England`s squad post their loss to Australia in return Ashes series earlier this year, said that he wasn`t to be blamed for the loss, but the `ghosts` who allegedly frightened some of the English players one night before the start of fifth day`s play.
Don't blame me...blame the ghosts!
— Kevin Pietersen (@KP24) July 21, 2014
England seamer Stuart Broad reportedly changed his room at the Langham Hotel in Marylebone after being freaked out. Broad said that he woke up in the middle of the night, and was convinced that there was a presence in the room.
The 28-year-old said that it was the `weirdest feeling, as all of a sudden, the taps in the bathroom came on for no reason and when he turned the lights on, the taps turned themselves off`.
Broad added that the moment he turned the lights off, again the taps came on and it really freaked him out so much that he ended up asking to move rooms.
While there will be a lot of post-mortem as to what led to England`s downfall against India, KP`s `ghost` theory could possibly be one of the hot topics of discussion!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price