Kevin Pietersen reckons `ghosts` had a role to play in England`s 95-run loss to India
Zee Media Bureau/ Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: Minutes after the MS Dhoni-led Team India defeated England by 95 runs to end their 28-year drought at Lord`s, former England cricketer Kevin Pietersen tweeted saying `ghosts` had a role to play in England`s loss.
Pietersen, who was sacked from England`s squad post their loss to Australia in return Ashes series earlier this year, said that he wasn`t to be blamed for the loss, but the `ghosts` who allegedly frightened some of the English players one night before the start of fifth day`s play.
Don't blame me...blame the ghosts!
— Kevin Pietersen (@KP24) July 21, 2014
England seamer Stuart Broad reportedly changed his room at the Langham Hotel in Marylebone after being freaked out. Broad said that he woke up in the middle of the night, and was convinced that there was a presence in the room.
The 28-year-old said that it was the `weirdest feeling, as all of a sudden, the taps in the bathroom came on for no reason and when he turned the lights on, the taps turned themselves off`.
Broad added that the moment he turned the lights off, again the taps came on and it really freaked him out so much that he ended up asking to move rooms.
While there will be a lot of post-mortem as to what led to England`s downfall against India, KP`s `ghost` theory could possibly be one of the hot topics of discussion!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez