Kirti Azad calls for ban on Anderson
New Delhi: Former Indian cricketer Kirti Azad said on Thursday that James Anderson should be banned, as any kind of physical violence is not acceptable in the game.
Azad told ANI, "I would not call it a racial comment. Light abusing has been there since our time and will remain in future as well. But threatening someone or indulging in any physical violence is not accepted in the game."
"The matter of field should be ended there only. That is why the action of Anderson should be banned and can be called as `Banderson`. The feeling of the game should not die. And, people should get the message that if you do any such activity, then you will have to face the consequences," he added.
Commenting on the England`s take on Jadeja, Azad said, "Now, England should explain either they were right before or now. They have to be wrong somewhere in this case."
The ICC has confirmed that England team manager Phil Neale has charged India`s Ravindra Jadeja under Level 2 of the ICC Code of Conduct for Players and Player Support Personnel for allegedly abusing and pushing Indian all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja during the second day of the first cricket Test at Trent Bridge.
Jadeja has also been charged for his alleged altercation with Anderson after they left the field for lunch on Thursday. It is alleged that after the players left the public area and entered the pavilion, Jadeja turned suddenly and took steps towards Anderson in an aggressive and threatening manner.
All Level 2 breaches carry a fine of between 50-100 per cent of applicable Match Fee and/or up to two Suspension Points. Two suspension points equates to a ban of one Test, or two ODIs, depending on which type of match is scheduled next for the suspended player.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video