Lalit Modi surprised over Ravi Shastri`s appointment as Team India director
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Days after former Indian cricketer Ravi Shastri was appointed as Indian cricket team`s director, former IPL commissioner Lalit Modi expressed his disappointment saying that the BCCI should have gone for more experienced campaigners like Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid.
Sharing his views through his personal account on Twitter, Modi said that Dravid had a good impact on the team ahead of the Tests.
— Lalit Kumar Modi (@LalitKModi) August 19, 2014
BCCI`s move to bring in Shastri along with the three Indian assistants - Sanjay Bangar (batting), B Arun (bowling) and R Sridhar (fielding) - and "give a break" to fielding coach Trevor Penney and bowling coach Joe Dawes could possibly be the end of road for Fletcher.
The decision was taken as a result of India`s yet another humiliating loss at the hands of England in the recently concluded five-match Test series. India were leading 1-0 after two Tests, but the hosts pulled off a spectacular comeback and sealed the series 3-1 in their favour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional