Lalit Modi surprised over Ravi Shastri`s appointment as Team India director
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Days after former Indian cricketer Ravi Shastri was appointed as Indian cricket team`s director, former IPL commissioner Lalit Modi expressed his disappointment saying that the BCCI should have gone for more experienced campaigners like Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid.
Sharing his views through his personal account on Twitter, Modi said that Dravid had a good impact on the team ahead of the Tests.
— Lalit Kumar Modi (@LalitKModi) August 19, 2014
BCCI`s move to bring in Shastri along with the three Indian assistants - Sanjay Bangar (batting), B Arun (bowling) and R Sridhar (fielding) - and "give a break" to fielding coach Trevor Penney and bowling coach Joe Dawes could possibly be the end of road for Fletcher.
The decision was taken as a result of India`s yet another humiliating loss at the hands of England in the recently concluded five-match Test series. India were leading 1-0 after two Tests, but the hosts pulled off a spectacular comeback and sealed the series 3-1 in their favour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!