Lalit Modi surprised over Ravi Shastri`s appointment as Team India director
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Days after former Indian cricketer Ravi Shastri was appointed as Indian cricket team`s director, former IPL commissioner Lalit Modi expressed his disappointment saying that the BCCI should have gone for more experienced campaigners like Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid.
Sharing his views through his personal account on Twitter, Modi said that Dravid had a good impact on the team ahead of the Tests.
— Lalit Kumar Modi (@LalitKModi) August 19, 2014
BCCI`s move to bring in Shastri along with the three Indian assistants - Sanjay Bangar (batting), B Arun (bowling) and R Sridhar (fielding) - and "give a break" to fielding coach Trevor Penney and bowling coach Joe Dawes could possibly be the end of road for Fletcher.
The decision was taken as a result of India`s yet another humiliating loss at the hands of England in the recently concluded five-match Test series. India were leading 1-0 after two Tests, but the hosts pulled off a spectacular comeback and sealed the series 3-1 in their favour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka