Michael Clarke on `mission` to reclaim No.1 Test spot from Proteas
London: Australian skipper Michael Clarke is now on a mission to reclaim the no.1 position in Test cricket from South Africa.
Australia briefly held the No.1 ranking in Test cricket after beating the Proteas away, but South Africa`s recent series win in Sri Lanka meant a quick return to the top for the Proteas, the Mirror reported.
While Clarke admits he didn`t personally hand the mace back, he believes the close competition is a positive sign for Test cricket.
Clarks expressed his excitement about the close competition saying that they are really excited that they were able to get to No.1 and it clears the goal very much, the team wants to be No.1 in the world.
He added that they knew that the no.1 rank could go back very soon, as there was very less difference and even a single series could change the ranking.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened