Ravindra Jadeja fined 50% of match fee over James Anderson scuffle
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The ICC have fined Indian all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja 50% of his match fee for an altercation with England pacer James Anderson in the first Test match at Nottingham in Trent Bridge.
The ICC stated that Ravindra Jadeja was found guilty of Level 1 breach of the ICC Code of Conduct, and therefore fined 50% of match fee.
Match referee David Boon found Jadeja not guilty of original offence, but guilty of ‘conduct contrary to the spirit of the game’ (Article 2.1.8). On the other hand the hearing of James Anderson will be held on August 1.
Earlier, the ICC had charged James Anderson over an alleged confrontation with Jadeja during the drawn first Test at Nottingham.
The ICC said Anderson had been charged for allegedly "abusing and pushing" Jadeja after they left the field for lunch on Thursday`s second day when the Indian was batting.
Anderson and Jadeja were charged under Level 3 and 2 of the ICC Code of Conduct for Players and Player Support Personnel by India team manager Sunil Dev and England team manager Phil Neale, respectively.
Players found guilty of a Level Three offence can be banned for between two to four Tests or four to eight one-day internationals for a first offence.
All Level 3 breaches carry a penalty of four to eight Suspension Points while Level 2 offences carry a fine of between 50-100 per cent of applicable match fee and/or up to two suspension points.
The ICC said a disciplinary hearing under a judicial commissioner would be held.
With Anderson`s hearing on August 1, it means the fast bowler will play the third Test match against India in Southampton starting on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Kerry arrives in India for strategic dialogue; terrorism emanating from Pakistan, visa issues on agenda
- UP polls: Rahul Gandhi to cover 2,500 km, 233 Assembly constituencies, 39 districts, but no big rallies
- Lionel Messi's Argentina return hampered by groin injury, Sergio Aguero too ruled out
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic