Spinner Moeen Ali gets skipper Alastair Cook`s seal of approval after win against India
Southampton: England cricket captain Alastair Cook has given his seal of approval to off-spinner Moeen Ali following the latter`s match winning effort in the third Test against India at the Ageas Bowl here.
Though Indian skipper has warned that Ali can expect a counter attack in the fourth Test at Old Trafford, which begins from August 7, Cook was quoted by The Guardian, as saying that Ali has shown through his eight wicket haul in the match that he can cope with the rigors of international cricket.
Cook said Ali has the skill and strength of personality to cope, and added that he has come such a long way since the beginning of the summer.
Cook also praised Ian Bell for putting England in a position to dictate terms to India throughout the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees