Spinner Moeen Ali gets skipper Alastair Cook`s seal of approval after win against India
Southampton: England cricket captain Alastair Cook has given his seal of approval to off-spinner Moeen Ali following the latter`s match winning effort in the third Test against India at the Ageas Bowl here.
Though Indian skipper has warned that Ali can expect a counter attack in the fourth Test at Old Trafford, which begins from August 7, Cook was quoted by The Guardian, as saying that Ali has shown through his eight wicket haul in the match that he can cope with the rigors of international cricket.
Cook said Ali has the skill and strength of personality to cope, and added that he has come such a long way since the beginning of the summer.
Cook also praised Ian Bell for putting England in a position to dictate terms to India throughout the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next