Spinner Moeen Ali gets skipper Alastair Cook`s seal of approval after win against India
Southampton: England cricket captain Alastair Cook has given his seal of approval to off-spinner Moeen Ali following the latter`s match winning effort in the third Test against India at the Ageas Bowl here.
Though Indian skipper has warned that Ali can expect a counter attack in the fourth Test at Old Trafford, which begins from August 7, Cook was quoted by The Guardian, as saying that Ali has shown through his eight wicket haul in the match that he can cope with the rigors of international cricket.
Cook said Ali has the skill and strength of personality to cope, and added that he has come such a long way since the beginning of the summer.
Cook also praised Ian Bell for putting England in a position to dictate terms to India throughout the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble