Spinner Moeen Ali gets skipper Alastair Cook`s seal of approval after win against India
Southampton: England cricket captain Alastair Cook has given his seal of approval to off-spinner Moeen Ali following the latter`s match winning effort in the third Test against India at the Ageas Bowl here.
Though Indian skipper has warned that Ali can expect a counter attack in the fourth Test at Old Trafford, which begins from August 7, Cook was quoted by The Guardian, as saying that Ali has shown through his eight wicket haul in the match that he can cope with the rigors of international cricket.
Cook said Ali has the skill and strength of personality to cope, and added that he has come such a long way since the beginning of the summer.
Cook also praised Ian Bell for putting England in a position to dictate terms to India throughout the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"