Spinner Moeen Ali gets skipper Alastair Cook`s seal of approval after win against India
Southampton: England cricket captain Alastair Cook has given his seal of approval to off-spinner Moeen Ali following the latter`s match winning effort in the third Test against India at the Ageas Bowl here.
Though Indian skipper has warned that Ali can expect a counter attack in the fourth Test at Old Trafford, which begins from August 7, Cook was quoted by The Guardian, as saying that Ali has shown through his eight wicket haul in the match that he can cope with the rigors of international cricket.
Cook said Ali has the skill and strength of personality to cope, and added that he has come such a long way since the beginning of the summer.
Cook also praised Ian Bell for putting England in a position to dictate terms to India throughout the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Preggers Mira Rajput admitted to hospital; hubby Shahid Kapoor's parents hurry to meet bahu!
- 'Spit remark' on PV Sindhu's achievements: Director says fans didn't get his satire, gets TROLLED again
- 2016 Hyundai Elantra: Check out features and specifications
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India Result 2016; Check icsi.edu for ICSI CS Executive Result 2016 declared
- Avoid getting sick this monsoon with these top health tips!