Stuart Broad considers wearing protective mask for Oval Test against India
Zee Media Bureau
London: Stuart Broad may enter the Kennington Oval wearing a protective mask in the final Test against the touring Indian team. Despite suffering from a broken nose, the 28-year-old bowler was retained in an unchanged 13-man England squad.
Broad tweeted on Sunday that "Little bit sore this morning but not too bad! On to The Oval! (With a mask)."
Little bit sore this morning but not too bad! Doc did a great job with the stitches. On to The Oval! (With a mask) pic.twitter.com/PH3kiCqufX
— Stuart Broad (@StuartBroad8) August 10, 2014
England fast bowler was struck by a Varun Aaron bouncer during the fourth Test at Old Trafford on Saturday requiring immediate attendance from the team doctor. Before the accident, he had clubbed the Indian bowler for two successive sixes. But he failed to take the field after England lost their ninth wicket in the second innings.
In his absence, Chris Woakes shared the new ball with James Anderson and helped Moeen Ali torment the Indians. England won the match by an innings and 54 runs and lead the series 2-1.
Broad won the Man of the Match award for his six-wicket haul in the first innings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof