Stuart Broad considers wearing protective mask for Oval Test against India
Zee Media Bureau
London: Stuart Broad may enter the Kennington Oval wearing a protective mask in the final Test against the touring Indian team. Despite suffering from a broken nose, the 28-year-old bowler was retained in an unchanged 13-man England squad.
Broad tweeted on Sunday that "Little bit sore this morning but not too bad! On to The Oval! (With a mask)."
Little bit sore this morning but not too bad! Doc did a great job with the stitches. On to The Oval! (With a mask) pic.twitter.com/PH3kiCqufX
— Stuart Broad (@StuartBroad8) August 10, 2014
England fast bowler was struck by a Varun Aaron bouncer during the fourth Test at Old Trafford on Saturday requiring immediate attendance from the team doctor. Before the accident, he had clubbed the Indian bowler for two successive sixes. But he failed to take the field after England lost their ninth wicket in the second innings.
In his absence, Chris Woakes shared the new ball with James Anderson and helped Moeen Ali torment the Indians. England won the match by an innings and 54 runs and lead the series 2-1.
Broad won the Man of the Match award for his six-wicket haul in the first innings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid