Stuart Broad thanks fans for good luck messages ahead of knee surgery
England speedster Stuart Broad on Wednesday thanked his fans for their good luck messages ahead of his knee surgery to be held on September 4.
Zee Media Bureau/ Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: England speedster Stuart Broad on Wednesday thanked his fans for their good luck messages ahead of his knee surgery to be held on September 4.
Broad thanked the fans through his personal account on micro-blogging site Twitter.
"Thanks for all the Good Luck messages for my operation. See you on the other side!" he wrote.
Broad played a significant role in England's 3-1 win in the recently concluded five-match series against India where he was lethal with the new ball along with James Anderson. England have missed him in the ongoing ODI series which has already been won by India, with one match remaining.
Broad had said during the Old Trafford Test against India that an operation would be required for his troubling knee post which he was also seen by a specialist.
The estimated recovery time is around three to four months which means Broad won`t be able to play ODI series in Sri Lanka during November.
Broad was struck on the helmet in the fourth Test by Varun Aaron, which fractured his nose. However, he showed enough courage and played the fifth and the final Test without a mask.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details