Stuart Broad to undergo surgery on troublesome knee
Manchester: England fast bowler Stuart Broad will have an operation on his troublesome right knee following the test series against India but expects to be fit for next year`s World Cup.
"It has got to the stage where it needs to be done," Broad, who took 6-25 on the opening day of the fourth test against India, was quoted as saying by the BBC on Thursday. "I should be fine for the World Cup."
Broad told the BBC it was undetermined when he would have the surgery though other British media reported the 28-year-old is expected to skip the one-dayers against India following the conclusion of the five-test series to address the long-standing patella tendonitis problem.
The World Cup, which will be staged in Australia and New Zealand, begins on Feb. 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden