Stuart Broad to undergo surgery on troublesome knee
Manchester: England fast bowler Stuart Broad will have an operation on his troublesome right knee following the test series against India but expects to be fit for next year`s World Cup.
"It has got to the stage where it needs to be done," Broad, who took 6-25 on the opening day of the fourth test against India, was quoted as saying by the BBC on Thursday. "I should be fine for the World Cup."
Broad told the BBC it was undetermined when he would have the surgery though other British media reported the 28-year-old is expected to skip the one-dayers against India following the conclusion of the five-test series to address the long-standing patella tendonitis problem.
The World Cup, which will be staged in Australia and New Zealand, begins on Feb. 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?