Stuart Broad to undergo surgery on troublesome knee
Manchester: England fast bowler Stuart Broad will have an operation on his troublesome right knee following the test series against India but expects to be fit for next year`s World Cup.
"It has got to the stage where it needs to be done," Broad, who took 6-25 on the opening day of the fourth test against India, was quoted as saying by the BBC on Thursday. "I should be fine for the World Cup."
Broad told the BBC it was undetermined when he would have the surgery though other British media reported the 28-year-old is expected to skip the one-dayers against India following the conclusion of the five-test series to address the long-standing patella tendonitis problem.
The World Cup, which will be staged in Australia and New Zealand, begins on Feb. 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Ravana, the demon king is worshipped in these Indian temples
- 50,000 security personnel to guard last phase of West Bengal Assembly Election 2016
- As Donald Trump becomes presumptive nominee, China urges objectivity
- WATCH: On this day, destructive AB de Villiers smashed Dale Steyn for 23 runs in one over
- JD(U) member of Rajya Sabha raises issue of paucity of judges