Stuart Broad to undergo surgery on troublesome knee
Manchester: England fast bowler Stuart Broad will have an operation on his troublesome right knee following the test series against India but expects to be fit for next year`s World Cup.
"It has got to the stage where it needs to be done," Broad, who took 6-25 on the opening day of the fourth test against India, was quoted as saying by the BBC on Thursday. "I should be fine for the World Cup."
Broad told the BBC it was undetermined when he would have the surgery though other British media reported the 28-year-old is expected to skip the one-dayers against India following the conclusion of the five-test series to address the long-standing patella tendonitis problem.
The World Cup, which will be staged in Australia and New Zealand, begins on Feb. 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter