Sunil Gavaskar, Mark Nicholas escape life-threatening road accident in England
Zee Media bureau
New Delhi: India`s legendary batsman Sunil Gavaskar escaped a life-threatening road accident on Sunday while travelling to London from Manchester.
The `Little Master` was lucky enough to survive when his car rammed into another vehicle.
At the time of accident, along with Gavaskar, cricket commentator Mark Nicholas was also inside the car.
Gavaskar was reportedly seated on the left side of the back seat and the vehicle coming from the opposite side hit on the very side. Though, according to a reputed daily, Gavaskar left unhurt but the collision left his car damaged.
Heavy rain could be one of the reasons for the accident.
The daily also reported that when asked about the accident, Gavaskar thanked God saying, "My God! God has saved us. There was torrential rain and our car was being driven very fast. Thankfully, no one was hurt although the accident was very, very scary.”
These days Gavaskar is in England and doing commentary in the on-going India-England Test series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest