Sunil Gavaskar, Mark Nicholas escape life-threatening road accident in England
Zee Media bureau
New Delhi: India`s legendary batsman Sunil Gavaskar escaped a life-threatening road accident on Sunday while travelling to London from Manchester.
The `Little Master` was lucky enough to survive when his car rammed into another vehicle.
At the time of accident, along with Gavaskar, cricket commentator Mark Nicholas was also inside the car.
Gavaskar was reportedly seated on the left side of the back seat and the vehicle coming from the opposite side hit on the very side. Though, according to a reputed daily, Gavaskar left unhurt but the collision left his car damaged.
Heavy rain could be one of the reasons for the accident.
The daily also reported that when asked about the accident, Gavaskar thanked God saying, "My God! God has saved us. There was torrential rain and our car was being driven very fast. Thankfully, no one was hurt although the accident was very, very scary.”
These days Gavaskar is in England and doing commentary in the on-going India-England Test series.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan