Sunil Gavaskar, Mark Nicholas escape life-threatening road accident in England
Zee Media bureau
New Delhi: India`s legendary batsman Sunil Gavaskar escaped a life-threatening road accident on Sunday while travelling to London from Manchester.
The `Little Master` was lucky enough to survive when his car rammed into another vehicle.
At the time of accident, along with Gavaskar, cricket commentator Mark Nicholas was also inside the car.
Gavaskar was reportedly seated on the left side of the back seat and the vehicle coming from the opposite side hit on the very side. Though, according to a reputed daily, Gavaskar left unhurt but the collision left his car damaged.
Heavy rain could be one of the reasons for the accident.
The daily also reported that when asked about the accident, Gavaskar thanked God saying, "My God! God has saved us. There was torrential rain and our car was being driven very fast. Thankfully, no one was hurt although the accident was very, very scary.”
These days Gavaskar is in England and doing commentary in the on-going India-England Test series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack