Tendulkar says he predicted India`s win at Lord`s
New Delhi: Batting legend Sachin Tendulkar has revealed that he had predicted a India win in the just-concluded second cricket Test against England after witnessing the opening day`s proceedings at the historic Lord`s.
Tendulkar, who was in London and watched the first day`s play along with his son Arjun, said the "wonderful" showing by the young team has lifted the spirits of the entire nation.
"I am so happy, it was a wonderful performance," he told a leading news channel.
"In fact, when the Test match started I was in London on Day 1. I watched Day 1 and told my son Arjun "we have an upperhand. According to me we are 80 per cent right now. If England bat exceptionally well in the first innings then they have a chance, otherwise we are winning this Test".
"And I am glad it worked out that way because the entire nation was looking forward to be 1-0 up in the series," he added.
India yesterday clinched their first Test win at the historic Lord`s in nearly three decades after riding on Ishant Sharma`s inspired spell of fast bowling to demolish England by 95 runs and take a 1-0 lead in the five-match series.
India registered their first Test win at the `Home of Cricket` in 28 years - only second win in 17 Tests here - after `Kapil Dev`s team achieved the feat back in June 1986 winning by five wickets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?