Tendulkar says he predicted India`s win at Lord`s
New Delhi: Batting legend Sachin Tendulkar has revealed that he had predicted a India win in the just-concluded second cricket Test against England after witnessing the opening day`s proceedings at the historic Lord`s.
Tendulkar, who was in London and watched the first day`s play along with his son Arjun, said the "wonderful" showing by the young team has lifted the spirits of the entire nation.
"I am so happy, it was a wonderful performance," he told a leading news channel.
"In fact, when the Test match started I was in London on Day 1. I watched Day 1 and told my son Arjun "we have an upperhand. According to me we are 80 per cent right now. If England bat exceptionally well in the first innings then they have a chance, otherwise we are winning this Test".
"And I am glad it worked out that way because the entire nation was looking forward to be 1-0 up in the series," he added.
India yesterday clinched their first Test win at the historic Lord`s in nearly three decades after riding on Ishant Sharma`s inspired spell of fast bowling to demolish England by 95 runs and take a 1-0 lead in the five-match series.
India registered their first Test win at the `Home of Cricket` in 28 years - only second win in 17 Tests here - after `Kapil Dev`s team achieved the feat back in June 1986 winning by five wickets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan