Tendulkar says he predicted India`s win at Lord`s
New Delhi: Batting legend Sachin Tendulkar has revealed that he had predicted a India win in the just-concluded second cricket Test against England after witnessing the opening day`s proceedings at the historic Lord`s.
Tendulkar, who was in London and watched the first day`s play along with his son Arjun, said the "wonderful" showing by the young team has lifted the spirits of the entire nation.
"I am so happy, it was a wonderful performance," he told a leading news channel.
"In fact, when the Test match started I was in London on Day 1. I watched Day 1 and told my son Arjun "we have an upperhand. According to me we are 80 per cent right now. If England bat exceptionally well in the first innings then they have a chance, otherwise we are winning this Test".
"And I am glad it worked out that way because the entire nation was looking forward to be 1-0 up in the series," he added.
India yesterday clinched their first Test win at the historic Lord`s in nearly three decades after riding on Ishant Sharma`s inspired spell of fast bowling to demolish England by 95 runs and take a 1-0 lead in the five-match series.
India registered their first Test win at the `Home of Cricket` in 28 years - only second win in 17 Tests here - after `Kapil Dev`s team achieved the feat back in June 1986 winning by five wickets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy