Varun Aaron should get a look-in: Sourav Ganguly
Kolkata: Former India captain Sourav Ganguly today called for inclusion of pacer Varun Aaron keeping in mind the fast nature of the pitch in Manchester -- the venue for the fourth Test versus England beginning August 7.
"Manchester track is the fastest wicket in England. I think Varun Aaron should get a look-in," Ganguly said as India grappled with bowling woes.
While the matchwinner of the Lord`s Test, Ishant, is already out of the next match, there`s a cloud of doubt over Bhuvneshwar Kumar, who has a swollen knee.
In batting too, India need some "fresh heads", Ganguly said hinting at Gautam Gambhir`s inclusion in place of Shikhar Dhawan.
"India need some fresh heads at this stage. I`m not saying Gambhir would succeed but we need some fresh ideas. At this stage, it is anyone`s series," he said after he began a new innings in cricket administration as CAB`s joint secretary.
Ganguly further said he`s disappointed with Bengal pacer Mohammad Shami`s lacklustre performance but disagreed that severe workload was the reason for this.
"If he won`t play cricket at this age then when would he?" Ganguly asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why