Varun Aaron should get a look-in: Sourav Ganguly
Kolkata: Former India captain Sourav Ganguly today called for inclusion of pacer Varun Aaron keeping in mind the fast nature of the pitch in Manchester -- the venue for the fourth Test versus England beginning August 7.
"Manchester track is the fastest wicket in England. I think Varun Aaron should get a look-in," Ganguly said as India grappled with bowling woes.
While the matchwinner of the Lord`s Test, Ishant, is already out of the next match, there`s a cloud of doubt over Bhuvneshwar Kumar, who has a swollen knee.
In batting too, India need some "fresh heads", Ganguly said hinting at Gautam Gambhir`s inclusion in place of Shikhar Dhawan.
"India need some fresh heads at this stage. I`m not saying Gambhir would succeed but we need some fresh ideas. At this stage, it is anyone`s series," he said after he began a new innings in cricket administration as CAB`s joint secretary.
Ganguly further said he`s disappointed with Bengal pacer Mohammad Shami`s lacklustre performance but disagreed that severe workload was the reason for this.
"If he won`t play cricket at this age then when would he?" Ganguly asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights