Virat Kohli going through worst patch of his career
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: The mainstay of India batting line up, Virat Kohli, is going through the worst patch of his career. Known as the new run-machine of Indian cricket, in all formats of the game, Kohli is looking totally off-colour in the on-going series against England.
The right-hander`s highest score so far in the series is 39, which he scored in the first innings of the third Test at Southampton. The 25-year-old has been finding it difficult to score runs in English conditions. Even in the two warm-up matches ahead of the series, he was not looking confident with the bat.
In the last seven innings, Kohli has been twice dismissed for a duck. On three occasions, he managed to get starts but couldn`t manage to convert them into big knocks. So far he has scored 1, 8, 25, 0, 39, 28 and 0, respectively.
Kohli, who has six Test hundreds in mere 27 Tests, is a fighter and has proved his mettle many a times in the past, while playing outside the sub-continent. India, who are loosing it`s grip from the series, need their best batsman to score under pressure and take them out of trouble for one more time.
Along with Kohli, another Indian top-order batsman who is struggling to score big in the series is Cheteshwar Pujara, who needs to find his form in time before it`s too late.
At the moment, the five-match long series is evenly poised at 1-1, but the hosts certainly have an upper hand in the series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh