Will sacking Alastair Cook help English cricket?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: He managed to save his captaincy as well as place in the England Test squad, but following yet another ODI series loss on home soil, the experts are once again asking for the English skipper's head.
In the recently concluded five-match series against India, by the end of the second Test, Cook had a miserable series with the bat having scored just 37 runs from three innings. His captaincy was under scrutiny, but he followed it with two half-centuries in the next Test as England were back to winning ways.
But the 25-year-old is once again under immense pressure as England are yet to win a match in the ongoing ODI series. Cook has scored 72 runs from three innings as India have outclassed the hosts in all departments of the game.
Not only has his batting looked off-colour, but the left-hander has looked short of ideas as well. Some of the experts also want Eoin Morgan to take over the ODI captaincy.
At a time when the English team is struggling to find its momentum in limited-overs cricket, Cook's sacking could possibly be a major blow for the Poms ahead of the ICC World Cup 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders