India vs England, Mumbai Test: Facts you need to know about Keaton Jennings
He is the fourth opener to hit a hundred against India on debut after 107 Gordon Greenidge, Alastair Cook and Alviro Petersen.
New Delhi: A certain Keaton Jennings on Wednesday made a mockery of the famed Indian attack with a show of pure class on the first day of Mumbai Test.
At Tea, he was unbeaten on 103 off 196 balls with 12 hits to the fence. The debutant reached his Test hundred with a four off the fourth ball of 59th over, bowled by Jayant Yadav.
Here's everything you need to know about the 24-year-old:
- He replaced another prodigious batsman Haseeb Hameed, who was unlucky to miss out on a deserved hundred by 18 runs for himself in the debut match.
- He is from a family of First-class cricketers, His father Ray is now famous as a coach. The are South Africans by birth.
- He is known as a prolific scorer, and also occasionally bowls medium fast. He has 12 First-class hundreds, with a career best of 221 not out for Durham.
- He is ambidextrous, a left-handed batsman and a right-arm bowler. The most famous of ambidextrous cricketer is Sachin Tendulkar.
- He is the fourth opener to hit a hundred against India on debut after 107 Gordon Greenidge, Alastair Cook and Alviro Petersen.
- He is also the 19th England batsman to get to a maiden hundred in his debut.