India vs England: Statistical highlights
Nottingham: Statistical highlights of the fourth’s day`s play in the second cricket Test between India and England.
• England have posted their second victory in three Tests against India at Trent Bridge.
• Sachin Tendulkar (56 off 86 balls) has become the third batsman to post 60 fifties in Tests, joining Allan Border (63) and Rahul Dravid (60).
• Tendulkar has posted 27 fifties in India and 33 on foreign soil.
• Dhoni has posted his third duck against England – his sixth in Tests.
• Stuart Broad (8/76) has registered his best bowling figures in a Test match.
• Broad has received his third Man of the Match award for recording his best all-round performance in Tests - 108 runs (64 + 44) and eight wickets.
• India`s 319-run defeat is their largest in terms of runs against England - their sixth biggest in terms of runs.
• Under Dhoni`s leadership, India have lost two Tests in a row for the first time. India have won 15, lost five and drawn nine out of 29 played under Dhoni`s captaincy – winning per cent 51.72.
• Under Strauss` captaincy, England have won 19, lost five and drawn 13 out of 37 played - winning per cent 51.35.
• Tim Bresnan, for the second time in his Test career, has been dismissed in the nineties - 91 (a career-best) against Bangladesh at Dhaka last year and 90 against India at Nottingham.
• Bresnan (5/48) has registered his first five-wicket haul, surpassing the 4 for 50 against Australia at Melbourne in December 2010.
• Praveen Kumar (4/124) has registered his second best bowling performance in Tests, next only to the 5 for 106 against England at Lord`s in the first Test of the series.
• Praveen has taken 25 wickets at an average of 23.96 in first five Tests.