Black Caps unchanged for India Test
Auckland: New Zealand on Wednesday named an unchanged side for the first Test against India at Eden Park, with seamer Doug Bracewell and batsman Jesse Ryder missing out.
Peter Fulton and Hamish Rutherford were retained as openers for the match in Auckland starting Thursday, with selectors opting to stick with the same team that secured a 2-0 series win over the West Indies in December.
Captain Brendon McCullum said the decision was down to both the success against the West Indies and the Eden Park conditions, where the green pitch should favour the pace bowlers.
"It`s a nice luxury to be able to continue with the same team, and obviously the pitch as well," he said.
New Zealand head into the Test on the back of a 4-0 one-day series hammering of India.
New Zealand: Peter Fulton, Hamish Rutherford, Kane Williamson, Ross Taylor, Brendon McCullum (capt), Corey Anderson, BJ Watling, Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi, Neil Wagner, Trent Boult.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- If Narsingh Yadav is found guilty, Sushil Kumar cannot replace him for Rio Olympics – Here's why!
- Rohit Bal's fusion of bling and royalty draws curtain on India Couture Week
- Watch 'Kala Chashma' teaser: Check out Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra's desi swag
- Navjot Singh Sidhu says he quit Rajya Sabha because he was told to stay away from Punjab
- Missing IAF AN32: Co-pilot Pankaj Nandel's family hopeful of his return