Black Caps unchanged for India Test
Auckland: New Zealand on Wednesday named an unchanged side for the first Test against India at Eden Park, with seamer Doug Bracewell and batsman Jesse Ryder missing out.
Peter Fulton and Hamish Rutherford were retained as openers for the match in Auckland starting Thursday, with selectors opting to stick with the same team that secured a 2-0 series win over the West Indies in December.
Captain Brendon McCullum said the decision was down to both the success against the West Indies and the Eden Park conditions, where the green pitch should favour the pace bowlers.
"It`s a nice luxury to be able to continue with the same team, and obviously the pitch as well," he said.
New Zealand head into the Test on the back of a 4-0 one-day series hammering of India.
New Zealand: Peter Fulton, Hamish Rutherford, Kane Williamson, Ross Taylor, Brendon McCullum (capt), Corey Anderson, BJ Watling, Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi, Neil Wagner, Trent Boult.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley