Did Dhoni make the best use of Stuart Binny in fourth ODI?
Zee Media Bureau/ Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: After facing criticism for backing out of form players, Team India skipper MS Dhoni finally decided to experiment in the fourth ODI. Ambati Rayudu and Stuart Binny – two players who had performed well in the domestic circuit, were finally included in the squad. But while the former got to bat as well as bowl, it was surprising to see Dhoni not using Binny as a specialist bowler.
Stuart Binny wasn`t required to bat, as the Indian skipper and Ravindra Jadeja stitched an unbeaten 137-run partnership for the sixth wicket, taking India to a respectable score of 278 runs by the end of fifty overs. But even when Dhoni wanted part-timers to get through a few overs, he tossed the ball at Rayudu – who doesn`t have the reputation of being a bowler.
Dhoni finally brought Binny into the attack, in the 22nd over of the innings, but surprisingly didn`t bowl him again.
Binny had picked 11 wickets from six matches, while playing for Karnataka in the Ranji Trophy and has been a regular bowler for the Rajasthan Royals in the Indian Premier League.
India lost the fourth ODI by seven wickets and it is yet to be seen whether Binny will get another chance to prove his mettle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city