If Kane Williamson can deliver, then why can`t Cheteshwar Pujara?
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
Wellington: New Zealand`s Kane Williamson is emerging as a future prospect for the team. The top-order batsman has been performing exceptionally well for quite some time now. The 23-year-old is technically quite strong and has been successfully playing the role of a sheet anchor for Black Caps in the ODIs. He has a knack of playing with the straight bat and plays spinners and seamers equally well.
Williamson`s quality to change gears according to the situation makes him a handy batsman in the limited format. Recently, he has scored three consecutive half-centuries against the world champions, India, in all three ODIs and played a major role in dominating the top ranked cricket team in the world.
India too has a batsman of such calibre, in Cheteshwar Pujara, who has the same temperament and mental resolute to give the Indian team solidity in the middle overs which is the need of the hour, at least while playing overseas. Few days back, even the Saurashtrian himself showed his eagerness to represent India in the fifty-over format, when he said: “I do like to play the one-day format. Especially with the 2015 World Cup coming up, I hope I get a chance to play in that team. As a cricketer, everybody dreams to play the World Cup for Team India.”
If Williamson can do it then, there is no reason why Pujara can`t. He is cool, calm and has the hunger too to score runs. His biggest quality is, he adapts to the conditions really well and changes his game accordingly. Considering that the 2015 World Cup is just a year away, Dhoni should take him into his scheme of things for the biggest ICC event in which India have to defend its title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'