India back as No 1 after Australia lose to England
Dubai: India on Saturday regained back their No 1 ranking in the ICC ODI list after Australia lost their fourth one day international against England by 57 runs thereby dropping to the second place in the 13-team table.
As per the latest ICC table, India are back on top with 117 points while Australia are second with 116 points.
India lost their No 1 spot in the ODI ranking on Wednesday when they lost to New Zealand in the second one dayer at Hamilton by 15 runs courtesy Duckworth-Lewis method.
India were on 119 points before the second ODI against New Zealand while Australia were on 118 points. The defeat against New Zealand saw India losing a couple of points and slipped behind Australia at 117 points.
However the Aussies were defeated by England who won their first international game of the three-month long tour due to which Australia lost two points and came down to 116.
But in order to maintain their top rank, India must win tomorrow`s third ODI against the Black Caps at Auckland -- failing which they will again lose their top rank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?