India back as No 1 after Australia lose to England
Dubai: India on Saturday regained back their No 1 ranking in the ICC ODI list after Australia lost their fourth one day international against England by 57 runs thereby dropping to the second place in the 13-team table.
As per the latest ICC table, India are back on top with 117 points while Australia are second with 116 points.
India lost their No 1 spot in the ODI ranking on Wednesday when they lost to New Zealand in the second one dayer at Hamilton by 15 runs courtesy Duckworth-Lewis method.
India were on 119 points before the second ODI against New Zealand while Australia were on 118 points. The defeat against New Zealand saw India losing a couple of points and slipped behind Australia at 117 points.
However the Aussies were defeated by England who won their first international game of the three-month long tour due to which Australia lost two points and came down to 116.
But in order to maintain their top rank, India must win tomorrow`s third ODI against the Black Caps at Auckland -- failing which they will again lose their top rank.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'